The Java engineering team has been busy for years to see the shortcomings in the earlier versions of Java.
Every 2 to 3 years a new and improved version is released, each time mixing proven concepts from other programming languages and the strengths of Java itself.
Java 8 (codename Spider) was released in March 2014 with a vast number of language updates.
Get yourself up-to-date in this course with all the new and great features this version of Java has to offer:
* Lambas and function references
* Streams for functional programming
* Default methods for more flexibility when evolving APIs
* Using Optional to create awareness around null-values in your APIs
* The new Date/Time API to cope with all the past issues of handling time
The course is based on a lot of examples, to help you understand as easily as possible the issues that were addressed with Java 8.