A simple and easy to understand Docker Container crash course for busy professionals and absolute beginners from any background. This course was designed with beginners in mind. This Docker course full of demos and lab exercises.
Docker is the most popular container engine. Docker is also the most popular application packaging and runtime format. We have designed this course on Docker Containers for Beginners with simple and easy to understand examples.
What you’ll learn from this course on Docker Containers:
- What is the need for Virtual Machines and Containers
- What is a Virtual Machine
- What is a Container
- Difference between Virtual Machines and Containers
- How Containers are better than Virtual Machines
- What is a Docker Container
- How to run a simple web server Docker Container
- How to build a Docker Container Image – 2 methods
- How to upload/download the Docker Container Images from the Docker Hub Repository
- How to run stateful applications
- How to configure persistent storage volumes
- How to use persistent storage volumes for a Backend DB application like MySQL or MongoDB
This course is not solidified yet. So, I will keep adding more content and lectures to the course on Docker Networking, Docker Compose etc, in the upcoming weeks.
Who is the target audience?
- Software Developers, Application Developers, Software Test Engineers, Managers, DevOps Engineers, IT admins, Anyone who’s interested in learning Docker Containers