Is your child experiencing anxiety in situations at school or at home? Do you wish you knew how to help?
Would you like to learn simple, safe exercises your daughter or son can use to reduce their anxiety–with your guidance and, ultimately, on their own?
This beginner’s course will teach you mindfulness practices–and how to teach those practices to a child.
Join Me in this Course and You’ll Learn How to:
– Do basic mindfulness practices yourself (practices for children and one for adults)
– Introduce mindfulness to your child in kid-friendly language
– Teach mindfulness practices to your child
– Bring mindfulness habits into your child’s daily life to build on what you learn in the course
– Understand your child’s ongoing progress, and choose practises that suit their needs best
How Mindfulness Helps with Anxiety
Anxiety is a natural body signal that something needs your attention. But, it often becomes mixed with troubling thoughts, stressful emotions and physical discomfort. It’s a cycle that can worsen over time and begin to limit your activities–no matter how old you are.
Mindfulness can help with all of these mental, emotional and physical parts of an anxious experience. With a bit of time practising mindfulness with you, your child will learn ways to relax their body, and respond to thoughts and emotions in stress-reducing and confidence-building ways.
More and more studies on mindfulness for children are showing how it can reduce anxiety and depression, increase kids’ ability to self-regulate emotions, improve mental performance, and increase empathy for others–just to name a few of the wonderful and wide-ranging benefits of mindfulness practise.
Almost any resource you find about “how to cope with anxiety” will recommend mindfulness as a powerful tool–for adults, teens and children.
You’ll Learn and Teach The Three Core Skills of Mindfulness
No Experience or Belief Needed
This is a course for parents who have little or no experience with mindfulness, or those who are very experienced, but want to know how to teach mindfulness to a child.
Whatever your level of experience, you don’t need any religious or spiritual beliefs to take this course. And any specific beliefs you might have won’t get in the way.
The practices are simple, safe exercises that guide children to relax, and to observe themselves with a spirit of strength and curiosity–eventually, including when they’re having challenging experiences like anxiety.
Why I’m Teaching This Course
In the past few years, young family members and friends’ children began having bouts of anxiety when trying to sleep, riding in cars, doing tests at school–everyday things that suddenly began triggering anxiety. These experiences were a catalyst for me to train in teaching mindfulness to children (the best job ever!).
So, I’d love to show you how mindfulness can help your child with anxiety and plant the seeds of an invaluable lifelong skill.
“Thank you, Ann—you’ve really gone above and beyond in making this another positive learning opportunity about mindfulness for the boys. They both really looked forward to seeing you each time and came back from the lessons super happy and enthused.” ~ Parent of two young mindfulness students
What You’ll Receive in this Course, in Addition to the Video Lectures
– 6 guided audio practices for children (suited to ages 5 to 14)
– 1 full-length guided audio practice for adults
– Exercises to help you relate what you learn to you and your child’s specific situations, strengths and difficulties
– Quizzes to clarify key material
– Downloadable PDF resources, including how to create mindful routines, tips for teaching and supplies, a course summary, and a bonus article, “What is Mindfulness?”
– Ongoing support from me through the Udemy discussion board