Hi, it’s me, Rob – Front End Engineer and online instructor with over 15,000 students.
An algorithm is like a recipe. It takes “inputs” (the ingredients), and performs a set of simple and (hopefully) well-defined steps, and then finishes after producing an “output” (the meal).
Each lesson will present you with:
- An algorithm for you to solve. This is like challenging you as a chef to produce a specific meal.
- I will then teach you to write out pseudocode, how you would solve this problem in your own words. This is where we will write out the recipe together.
- Finally, I’ll present you with multiple ways to solve each challenge. Just like there are variations in how to make a meal, so there are a number of ways to solve an algorithm.
Check out any of the sample videos for this course to get a feel 🙂
Many algorithm courses will present you with a challenge then have you passively watch them solve the challenge. This course will guide you as a beginning in breaking down a problem and learning to solve on your own.
This isn’t the only algorithms course you should ever take. But it should be your first!
Who is the target audience?
- Those who want to be more comfortable with whiteboard interview questions
- Bootcamp Students Preparing for Coding Interviews
- Anyone preparing for an interview that will involve coding challenges