SAP BI/BW Architecture:
BI has three tier architecture:
Database Server: Where data is physically stored.( ODS, PSA, Infocube and metadata repository).
Application Server: The application server is based on the OLAP processor. It is used to retrieve data stored in the database server.
Presentation Server: Manages reporting and data access.
- Data is extracted from the Source Systems.
- Data is staged at the Persistent Storage Area(PSA). This holds Source like data.
- Data is cleansed, loaded and stored in Data Store Object.
- Data is viewed at multiple dimensions in the Infocube.
- Data is available by the OLAP processor to the Business Explorer to display data as per Analysis requirements of the Business.
- Data can be made available to SAP/Non-SAP, Data Marts by the Open Hub Service.( InfoSpoke).
Who is the target audience?
- Any one who want to become Professional in SAP
- Any one who want to become a Technical Consultant in SAP
- Any one who wants to know about ERP Business