This Scala Tutorial course is aimed at complete beginners to the subject. For those who have no programming experience or those who have limited knowledge of Scala . This Course get you up and running and will give you the skills you need to master the Scala programming language.
– “Scala is an acronym for Scalable Language ”
– Scala is a modern multi-paradigm programming language designed to express common programming patterns in a concise, elegant, and type-safe way.
– Scala is written by Martin Odersky at EPFL.
– Scala is Statically Typed
– Scala Runs on JVM, full inter-op with Java.
– Scala is Object Oriented
– Scala is Functional
– Scala has Dynamic Features
– Scala is Scala blends object-oriented and functional programming in a statically typed language.
The goal of this course is to provide you with a working knowledge of Scala applications. We’ll start with the basics, starting from installing Scala on different Operating Systems like Window, Mac and Linux on variety of IDE’s e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea, Netbeans etc. Then we will learn all the basic concepts in Scala Programming with examples including Scala Syntax Object Oriented Language, Traits, Methods, Pattern Matching, Tuples, Annotations, Designators, Overview, Environment Setup, Basic Syntax, Data Types, Variables, Classes & Objects, Access Modifiers, Operators, IF ELSE, Loop Statements, Functions, Closures, Strings, Arrays, Collections, Regular Expressions, Exception Handling, Extractors, Files I/O.
I believe the best way to learn is to understand how a tool works and what it does for you, look at examples, and then try it yourself. That’s how this course is built, with the goal to help you both learn and understand Scala.