- You should know what a Mainframe is.
- You should be aware of TSO/ISPF commands on mainframes.
- You should know how to code a JCL on mainframes.
- Access to a mainframe will be beneficial but is not necessary.
his course will teach you what a VSAM dataset is. How to create a VSAM dataset, different types of it and how to process these datasets.
- This Course is DIRECT and TO THE POINT.
- I also UPDATE this course periodically to include even more Videos and Projects. New Resources and Articles are also added.
- If you ever have any questions please feel free to message me directly and i will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!
Build a foundation in Mainframe with this tutorial for beginners.
You will Learn:
- What VSAM is.
- The various parameters of VSAM and how to code them in a JCL Program.
- Creating different types of VSAM using JCL programs on a Mainframe
- Commands used in VSAM
- Processing VSAM datasets
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips Mainframe is extensively used in large corporations which deal with huge amount of data every day. Over 70% of the global Fortune 500 companies use Mainframe to run their business for everything from cloud to mobile to big data and analytics. Now, there are 1.1 million customer transactions per second on Mainframes compared with just 40,000 searches on Google per second. IBM is the leading manufacturer of the Mainframe Systems.
Content and Overview Through this course, you’ll learn about the Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM) on the Mainframe system.
Starting with an overview of the VSAM, this course will take you through the types of VSAM datasets. JCL and utility used in VSAM.
Upon completion you will be literate in VSAM, understand how a JCL program to create VSAM dataset is coded and executed on a Mainframe.
- IT professionals who want to make a career in Mainframes.
- Mainframe Professionals who want to brush up their knowledge about VSAM.
- VSAM revision before your interview.